Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Self and unit evaluation

Regarding my own performance
1. What were the three aspects of the assignments I've submitted that I am most proud of?
I am most proud of the cell lab. I did one cell first off and after I completed it I thought of some different ways that I could do it so I started over with it. Another aspect of this was that it was hands on and I learn the best that way. Another thing is is that it was very fun.
2. What two aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used some improvement?
The two aspects of my submitted assignments that I could have improved on was that I could have done the cell even more detailed. I also could have done better reviews had I known every aspect of what needed to be done.
3. What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit?
I do not know that I could say what grade I should get on this because I know that I tried really hard on it but I also know that I struggled some so my work is probably not all that it should be. Now that I have a just of whats going on I will deserve an A on the next unit:)
4. How could I perform better in the next unit?
As I said before, I will do so much better in the next unit because I know now the things that are needed to be done. In the first unit I also figured out different ways of taking notes that will more benefit me.

REGARDING THE UNIT (adapted from Stephen Brookfield, University of St. Thomas "Critical Incident Questionnaire")
1. At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course?
There was not really any one specific time in this unit that I felt engaged because I was lost though some of it. But I did feel like I was engaged in the building of the cell.
2. At what moment unit did you feel most distanced from the course?
I felt most distant from the course in the whole beginning until I got the hang of it. It was also hard trying to get my other work done.
3.What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit that find most affirming and helpful?
The action that was most helpful was the teacher understanding my frustration because I am a hands on learner and I was having a hard time
4. What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit did you find most puzzling or confusing?
There was nothing that anyone did during the unit that made it more confusing.
5. What about this unit surprised you the most? (This could be something about your own reactions to the course, something that someone did, or anything else that occurs to you.)
The thing that surprised me the most about this unit was the amount of material in it. I had a hard time keeping up with it because it took me a while to understand what was going on.

No comments: